NEET 2021: Exam Date (Out), Registration, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Pattern, Practice Papers, and Cut off
NEET is the only national level exam for admission in MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary, etc courses in India. NEET 2021 to be conducted in 11 languages once this year. All the important details like type of questions, a pattern of exam, etc will be released with NEET 2021 official brochure. Also, with a reduction in the syllabus of board classes, NEET question papers might have internal choices. NEET Exam Pattern
NEET 2021 Exam Date
|NEET 2021 Exam Date (Out)||August 1, 2021|
|NEET 2021 Application Form Date||1st week of July 2021|
|Last date to fill NEET Application Form||3rd week of July 2021|
|Availability of admit card||4th week of July 2021|
|Declaration of result||4th week of August 2021|
|Counseling will commence from||September 2021|
NEET Exam 2021 Highlights
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Official website of NTA NEET||ntaneet.nic.in|
|Exam Conducting authority||National Testing Agency|
|Number of registered aspirants in the previous session||15.97 lakh aspirants|
|Total Candidates appeared for NEET in 2020||90%|
|Credentials Required to Login NEET Portal||Roll number, date of birth, and security pin|
|NEET Cutoff percentile||UR – 50 SC/ST/OBC – 40 UR PWD – 45|
|Validity of NEET Result||For academic session|
|Admission through NEET Exam||
15% All India Quota seats, 85% State Quota seats
|Courses offered through NEET Exam||MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BAMS, BHMS, BSMS, BNYS, etc.|
NEET Latest News 2021
- NEET 2021 Exam Date has been released i.e. August 1 and the dates of all the events will be released shortly. However, due to the extension in the exam dates of Class 12 board exams by CBSE and various other boards, NEET aspirants can also expect a delay in the application dates.
- NEET 2021 will be held in 11 languages in pen-paper mode. The syllabus will also remain unchanged.
- As per the official notice by NTA, NEET UG Result 2021 may be used by other Central/State Governments colleges including Indian Nursing Council/ Nursing Colleges/ Schools, JIPMER for admission in courses like B.Sc. (Nursing) and B.Sc. (Life Sciences) following the rules & regulations of those colleges.
- JIPMER has officially announced that the institute will use only NEET scores for admission in B.Sc Nursing and Allied Health Science programs from this session onwards.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
According to NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria, a candidate who has passed or appearing for the class 12 exam can register for NEET. The upper age limit has been relaxed but candidates have to fulfill the lower age limit i.e. 17 years. NEET 2021 eligibility criteria
|Nationality||Indian nationals, OCI, NRIs|
|Qualifying Exam||Must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent in PCB|
|Qualifying Marks||GN – 50% marks GN-PH – 45% SC/ST & OBC – 40%|
|Age Limit||17 years as of 31st Dec 2021, No upper age limit|
NEET 2021 Registration
NEET 2021 Registration can be completed online by visiting the official website of NTA NEET i.e. ntaneet.nic.in. NEET 2021 Application Form date is expected in the 1st week of July 2021. The steps for NEET 2021 Registration are mentioned below:
- Step 1: NEET Registration – Visit the official website register online by providing accurate details to generate NEET Registration No. and Password.
- Step 2: Filling NEET Application Form – Use your registration and password to login to the official website and enter your personal and academic details, test center as per your preference.
- Step 3: Uploading of Documents – Upload passport size photograph, signature, and other documents are per the guidelines of NTA.
- Step 4: Payment of NEET Registration Fees – NEET application fees can be paid online i.e. INR 1500 for GN, INR 1400 for EWS, and INR 800 for other category candidates.
- Step 5: Submit NEET Application Form – The last step is to save and submit the application form.
NEET 2021 Form Correction window will also be opened by NTA. During that time candidates will be allowed to edit a few details only like:
- Mother’s and Father’s Name
- Gender and Category
- A person with Disability status
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
NTA has not announced any changes in NEET Exam Pattern 2021 yet. The exam will be conducted in 11 languages in a pen-paper mode. However, considering the reduction in the syllabus by various boards, NEET 2021 Question paper will have internal options. Other important changes in NEET Exam Pattern will be released with the official brochure.
|Frequency of NEET Exam||Once in a year|
|Distribution of Questions in NEET 2021||Physics: 45, Chemistry: 45, Biology: 90 divided into Zoology:45 & Botany: 45|
|Type of Questions||180 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Marks||720 marks, Correct Answer: +4, Incorrect Answer: -1|
|Medium of Paper||English/ Hindi/ Urdu, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Marathi, Assamese, and Oriya (As per the location of the Candidate)|
NEET 2021 Syllabus
MoE had released the official notice stating that NEET Syllabus 2021 will remain unchanged. Candidates will have to prepare for NEET 2021 based on the complete syllabus of classes 11 & 12. The 3 subjects that you need to prepare are – Chemistry, Physics, and Biology (Zoology and Botany).
|NEET Subject Wise Syllabus||Total Units in Syllabus||Weightage|
|NEET Biology Syllabus||
Class 11 – 5 Units
Class 12 – 5 Units
|NEET Physics Syllabus||
Class 11 – 10 Units
Class 12 – 11 Units
|NEET Chemistry Syllabus||
Class 11 – 14 Units
Class 12 – 16 Units
Difficulty Level of NEET Previous Year Question Paper
Candidates can check the comparison of the difficulty level of questions of the 2020 & 2019 NEET exams.
|Level||Easy Questions||Medium Level Questions||Difficult Questions|
|Subject/ Year||In 2020||In 2019||In 2020||In 2019||In 2020||In 2019|
|Biology (Botany + Zoology)||13 + 13||65||11 + 20||18||19 + 14||7|
NEET Question Paper & Mock Test 2021
Candidates can download NEET previous year’s question papers and answer keys from the links provided below. To download more NEET Sample Paper then click here: Previous Year NEET Sample Papers
|NEET Paper Code||Language||NEET Question Paper||NEET Answer Key|
|Paper Codes – E1, F1, G1, H1||English||Download||E1, F1, G1, H1|
|Paper Codes – E1, F1, G1, H1||Hindi||Download||E1, F1, G1, H1|
|Paper Codes – E1, F1, G1, H1||Kannada||Download||E1, F1, G1, H1|
NEET Mock Test 2021
NEET Mock Tests are available at the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in. Candidates can appear for subject-wise mock tests for free at NTA’s website. Solving NEET mock tests will help the candidates to improve their time management skills. They will be able to get a clear picture of the type of questions that can be asked in the examination.
Best Books for NEET 2021
Candidates must be thorough with their class 11th and 12th NCERT books and must go through the same at least twice before referring to any other book as they are considered to be the best source for NEET preparation. Some of the books are mentioned below. Subject Wise NEET Important Books (Gujarati medium)
|Name of the Book||Publications/ Author Name|
|Objective NCERT at your fingertips for NEET AIIMS – Physics||MTG Editorial Board|
|Complete NEET Guide: Biology||MTG Editorial Board|
|Organic Chemistry for NEET A Textbook for Inorganic Chemistry||M.S Chouhan R.K Gupta|
NEET 2021 Preparation & Coaching
Candidates can build a preparation strategy based on the weightage of topics. This way you can segregate the important topics and give special attention.
|Important Topics||Weightage of Topics|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Solutions, etc||5%|
|Electro statistics, Electronic Devices, Thermodynamics, etc||9%|
|Current Electricity, Electromagnetic induction, and alternating currents, etc||8%|
To crack NEET any candidate needs to have an ideal strategy and study plan comprising of subject-wise tips, recommended books, and coaching if required. Candidates need to follow a proper schedule and study plan to ace the examination.
Best Coaching Centers for NEET
NEET coaching centers provide both online and offline classes. Students can also ask for the demo class before finalizing the coaching Institute. Students should also enquire about the strength of the class and check the experience of the faculties by meeting them. Some of the top coaching centers in India are:
- Aakash Institute
- Allen Institute
- Elite Academy
- EDU Pace Academy
Online Resources for NEET Preparation
Some of the best online resources for NEET preparation are mentioned below:
- Physics Galaxy
- Biology NEET Inspection
- Darwin – NEET 2020 Preparation
- AskIITians – IIT JEE, NEET, SAT, CBSE, ICSE Prep
- Aakash iTutor: NEET & IIT-JEE
- NEET Practice
- Pre-PG Prep: NEET, AIIMS-MCQs, NEET PG Test Series
- Khan Academy
- Exam Fear Education
- Career Point
Distribution of Syllabus in Various Levels
Candidates can divide the syllabus of 3 subjects into various levels to keep a check on the level of their preparation. This will help you in getting an idea about topics that you have covered and the number of topics that are left. A sample of the division of the syllabus is provided in the table below:
|Physics Level 1 for Week 1||Physics Level 2 for Week 2||Biology Level 1 for Week 1|
|Electrodynamics||Heat and thermodynamics||Anatomy|
|Simple Harmonic Motion||Electronic Devices||Genetics|
|Gravitation||Kinematics||Molecular basis of inheritance|
Similarly, candidates can create various levels for all the 3 subjects to complete their NEET Syllabus.
NEET Result 2021
NEET result 2021 will be declared soon after the conclusion of the exam. Medical aspirants who attended the exam can check their results on the official website of NTA NEET.
- NEET Result 2021 will be announced in the scorecard format.
- NEET result will be applicable for admissions in all the medical colleges in India including AIIMS and JIPMER.
- Candidates should save a copy of their NEET Scorecard for future references.
- The important details mentioned in your NEET 2021 Scorecard are Subject wise Percentile score obtained, Overall Percentile score, Total marks scored out of 720, NEET AIR – All India Rank, NEET category rank, NEET 2020 Cut off.
NEET 2021 Merit List
The National Testing Authority (NTA) will release the NEET Merit list and provide it to the counseling body i.e. DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services), Ministry of Health, and Family Welfare. The merit list will be derived based on the marks obtained by the candidates. Three types of merit lists will be prepared by the authorities:
|NEET Merit List||Rank Provided|
|All India Merit List||All India Rank (AIR)|
|AIQ Merit List||All India Quota (AIQ) Rank|
|States’ Merit Lists||State Rank|
NEET Cut off 2021
Candidates who are planning to appear for the exam will have to qualify. NEET Cut off percentile and scores to get admission in MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH programs. In the 2020 session due to vacant seats in AYUSH and BDS programs, the authority had reduced the qualifying percentile by 10. Check the original and revised percentile in the table below.
|Category||Original NEET percentile||Revised NEET percentile for BDS & AYUSH programs|
NEET Cut off scores
Candidates can also check the original and revised cut-off marks mentioned in the table below. However, aspirants must note that the change in the percentile and scores was only for the 2020 session and the authority doesn’t need to reduce the cut off for the upcoming session also.
|Category||Original NEET Cut off scores (2020)||Revised AYUSH cut off scores (2020)|
NEET Counselling 2021
Medical Counselling Committee MCC conducts NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ seats. The all India level counseling is conducted in 3 rounds and if the seats still left vacant after the completion of round 3 then the authority will conduct the mop round of counseling. The steps of counseling are mentioned below:
- First of all, candidates have to register for NEET Counselling at the official website of MCC and make a payment.
- After that, you will get the opportunity of Choice Filling and Seat Locking.
- Then the result of the counseling round will be declared in an online mode.
Who is Eligible for NEET Counselling?
- Candidates qualifying NEET are eligible for admission.
- For GN category the qualifying percentile is 50.
- For OBC/SC/ST category the qualifying percentile is 40.
- For GN-PH category the qualifying percentile is 40.
- For OBC/SC/ST-PH category the qualifying percentile is 40.
Best Medical Colleges in India 2021
|Name of the College||NIRF Ranking 2020||NIRF Ranking 2019|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, AIIMS Delhi||1||1|
|Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, PGIMER Chandigarh||2||2|
|Christian Medical College, CMC Tamil Nadu||3||3|
|National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Karnataka||4||NA|
|Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, UP||5||4|
|Banaras Hindu University, BHU UP||6||6|
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kerala||7||5|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Pondicherry||8||8|
|Kasturba Medical College, Karnataka||9||7|
|King George`s Medical University, UP||10||10|
What is NEET Exam?
NEET is a National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted by NTA i.e. National Testing Agency. NEET is the only entrance test for those who wish to get admission to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary, and other medical courses in India. Last year around 16 lakh candidates had registered for the exam out of which 85-90% of candidates had appeared for the exam. Moreover, AIIMS and JIPMER MBBS exams have been dissolved and for admission to these institutes, you have to appear for the NEET exam only. After qualifying NEET candidates will become eligible to get admission in more than 75,000 MBBS seats and 25,000 BDS seats across the country.